Dear Head Start Parents,
St. Clair County Head Start is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Crisis and serve under the advisement of the Office of Head Start (OHS), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) , Alabama Department of Human Resources Childcare Licensing Division (DHR), and Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education. We are planning for a possible school closing if necessary and encourage our Head Start families to make preparations in the event school is closed.
We will always keep the health and safety of our children and staff as our main priority during this or any other similar event. We will keep you informed via the following methods:
- Letters/ newsletters sent home in folders
- Website: www.stclaircountyheadstart.com
- Facebook: St. Clair County Head Start. (include the period)
- Twitter: St. Clair County Head Start @clair_start
- Radio Station: 94.1 FM The River and WFHK 1430 AM
- Notify Me: text message and email
We will continue our efforts to clean, sanitize, and disinfect our classrooms and school on a documented schedule. We do respectfully ask families to inform us if they are exposed to infected family members or visit areas that have documented outbreaks.
Please use the attached CDC information as a guide to prevent the spread of COVID- 19 in our community.